Soooo... it's been a lot of time in the car for me today. Multiple hours.
Which is a lot more than usual...
And the last leg? Bothell to West Seattle in the swampy center of rush hour traffic.
1. I so admire the folks who do that traffic dance every day. Holy noodles. That is ... a LOT.
2. The time it took to get from A to B today (and then all the meetings as well) really made me understand and appreciate yet again how we can get sucked into a day just trying to do our thing.
Working smarter, getting laser-focused to complete tasks is another thing that is valuable and appreciated.
Saving time where I can?
Shoot! Sign me up! I'll do it.
Life does happen. Oh, yes she does.
Accepting what happens in a day is part of my job, part of reality...
Doing what I can to take another step forward in some small ways?
Also my job, also part of reality...
We can do both in a day.
Imperfectly, for sure. AND... it's easier when I continue to be open, learn, discover, and improve.
This is why the videos I've been talking about this week have been my main topics.
Saving time. Making progress. Even on the days when you...
- Get caught in traffic for 2 more hours than you anticipated
- Hear that the sitter is going to be late, or practice is going to run long
- Need to pick up a sick kid from school
- End up going into work or business early to handle whatever new fire has been started
- Receive unexpected news, good or bad, that blindsides you for a chunk of the day
Hey, it happens. It TOTALLY happened to me today.
So, I'm going to take a little time to make a little progress.
There's still time tonight.